As an employer, you have responsibilities to keep employees safe on the job but you also have responsibilities to employees who may be injured at work. Employers have a duty to report injuries and work-related illnesses to the WSIB in a timely manner and provide information regarding the injury, health care, the employee’s return to work, potential loss of earnings (LOE) as well as any other information requested by WSIB.
Following a workplace injury, your focus is on your employee’s health and their return to work. We understand that navigating the WSIB process and managing the claim can seem complicated and at times overwhelming. We are here to assist you through each step from completing the forms and documents to ensuring a safe and productive return to work for your injured employee.
We can work with you to ensure you are compliant with the initial reporting requirements and each step that follows. Our areas of expertise include:
- Assistance with the completion of all WSIB forms
- Review of functional abilities forms and other documentation
- Development and implementation of the return to work package including determining appropriate modified duties
- Monitoring and follow up of modified work progress
- Review and assistance when completing additional documentation or information requested by WSIB
- Review and assistance with existing or ongoing claims and return to work programs.